Diving with dive legend Clement Lee at Clement's Reef Mari Mari Sepanggar island

Mr Clement, 66 with 35 years of diving experience, while Monica with 18 years. My 3rd dive here had 21 signatures on my dive log since I obtained my open water licence in Dec 2016. 



I did not know how to react when a friend Monica Chin told me to join diving with dive legend Mr Clement Lee who is also Tourism Malaysia Ambassador for the diving. 


We were having three dives at my favorite site which is Mari Mari Sepanggar island especially Clement's reef, which is about 10 minutes boat ride.  Monica is the on the front, (right to left) CK, Stacy Lee, Clement Lee and myself.  


May 26, 2018 must be one of my luckiest Saturdays to be able to dive with Clement and Monica, at my favorite Clement's Reef TWICE due to good weather, good visibility and following them doing underwater photography gave me the chance to spot TWO sea slugs of about the size of my fingernail.


A picture taken by Mr Clement Lee. I was being naughty.


                               An internationally renowned man but humble and friendly. 


But, when it comes to code of conduct in diving, he is very professional which Clement will ensure all safety aspect has to come first.  

For example, he will not be in rush to set up diving gear to make sure everything is in place, he double checked (or could be more than that) of his camera, mask is defogged etc. 

For a very experienced diver, he takes care of every small thing which I remember him saying "It is very irritating  when your mask get fogged when you get into the water."

In between dives break, the group was chatting about the ear problems associated to diving. Clement is well-versed about the anatomy and physiology of ears which he can explain the etiology of failure to release pressure from the ear and other problems due to diving. 

It is also worth to mention that he strongly against people insist  to dive despite deteriorating their health. In this case, we were talking about a man whose ear had pus every time after dive. He is totally right about it. 




Till we meet again

Comments