Basic metal smithing: Chasing with Adam Kitingan of Sang Tukang

Signed up a masterclass with Adam Kitingan of Sang Tukang during recent North Borneo Design Week held concurrently to bimonthly Jesselton Artisan Market at Riverson.

The 3-hour workshop cost us RM100 each which we were given two blocks of aluminium attached to woods. One is for practice, the other one is our take home production. 



I outlined Superman logo with free hand. Knowing Bree would be happy to get my 'masterpiece'. As you can see on the first picture, three of use were discussing about our work. Adam commented that I had good strength to do chasing but need to control it to be more consistent. 

It looks simple but a lot of patience and hardwork. I hammered myself several times and cramped my fingers.



Now, I really appreciate and understand why art is expensive.



Comments