Mari Mari Cultural Village- is also meant for locals.


Welcome to Mari Mari Cultural Village....gestured the old lady or bobohizan or priestess (Bree called her witch as in character in her Disney Princess stories). 

Local rate is RM90 per person. 
I had the opportunity to stay at my late grandpa's bamboo house when I was young and visited cultural village at museums for many times, so, the house structures here are not something new to me. 

But, I never realise that this trip is another level of experience for my 5-year-old daughter who has never been to real cultural houses.

In fact, she had no idea why we were here at the first place that she asked "Where are the animals?"

As our guide, who introduced herself as Anne, led the group tour around the village, Bree was wondering why the people are using "sticks" (woods, bamboos and leaves) to make their houses. 


As for me, it was still an exciting visit as there were so many finger food from one place to another place. 

I should have come with empty stomach. 


Honey Bee




                         Tenom coffee.



     
                  Drinking Tenom Coffee.

       
        Drinking lemongrass pandan water. 

I know I am terrible guest when I am part of guided tour, cos I always do my own stuff. Really sorry about that. 


Recording video of the staff making some traditional pastries. 

                     
At Mari Mari Cultural Village, their staff are really professional. 

From the moment our car arrived at the site towards the end of the trip, the hospitality is there and we feel like at home. 

Not forget to mention that those pretty and handsome staff are very friendly, some  can even converse basic foreign languages such as Mandarin and Korean.  

You will never go back with not-full stomach as there is also a buffet at the end of the trip. 

                        




For more information. Visit Mari Mari Cultural Village website. 

Additional: No credit card facility, toilets are clean, there are Coway water dispenser (bring your refillable bottles).


Comments