Dining at One Roof Cafe, Luyang Perdana, KK.


Saw Facebook posting on croissants at One Roof's newly opened branch at Gaya street. My friend and I decided to try the food at the eatery. But, considering it was Friday at town, finding parking and traffic jams would be bad if we go to Gaya street. We decided to go Luyang Perdana, assuming it is less hassle. But, it is still difficult to find parking, thus, both of us parked ours at Sabah Art Gallery and walked to the premises. 


As a coffee lover, I always like to try cappuccino at new eateries. But click on the video, or see the below sequence pictures on how my latte art could not last long. 

                      Upon serving......


Isn't it disgusting? with that holes...It is as if the coffee gone bad. It happened after less than 5 minutes. 
                     



No hope liao...after 10 minutes. Don't mention about the taste, I could not finish my RM9.50 cup of coffee as the aftertaste was really harsh.  I suffered stomach and emotional upset due to not up to par  beverage. The hard work of local coffee farmers and roasters gone to waste when barista lacked of skill to brew good drinks. 


Maybe I am lacking in taking good pictures of food...that you can't tell my main course is Sabah prawns in tomato sauce with omelette and rice. Paid it at RM19. 

Maybe I was not as lucky as others who commented "fresh seafood, delicious food etc" on their social media postings....my prawns taste like they were being frozen few days in the fridge as part of the flesh are breaking off. The tomato sauce/puree tastes like from canned food instead of freshly made.



My friend Oliver's One Roof Nasi Lemak....he said "My mom cooks better nasi lemak". Sambal is a bit weird but not special. It is RM16. 

Visiting this place during lunch hour break, perhaps wont give you peace of mind as office workers are talking at the highest volume as if they are being deprived from talking at the office.

Staff, however, are friendly and responsive. Food is served between 30 to an hour.


Comments