Personal reflection on World Oceans Day June 8.


In conjunction with World Oceans Day today, I submitted story about Sabah's Gem, Sipadan, is equally exposed to global plastic pollution. It would not go viral. But, I know some people would read.


This morning, I woke up at 630am to do this #foc #virtual run by #42race. It is weird how run can actually raise awareness... But, as I did it, I was thinking how much more I have done or not done to ensure that I did not do so much harm to the ocean, marine life and generally the planet.


As a normal human being, who is used to convenient, it is an uphill role not to use plastic including single-use plastics such as straw, drinking water bottles and etc.

Having a kid makes the efforts more arduous (or it is an excuse) not to buy drinking water in plastic bottle when she is so thirsty and I forget to bring her water bottle.

Slowly, it becomes a habit to bring reusable bags for shopping. But, there are times we left it at home and cannot hold too many things, plastic bags would be the so-called solutions.


I have metal straws with me, but I always take for granted on the fact that eateries still serve plastic straw for cold drinks.

As long as there are no awareness that single-use plastic is bad for the environment, I should not order cold drinks at restaurants.

Another one is the bubble tea milk... Unless I bring and insist to use my own tumbler..


The west coast of Sabah was hit by flash flood in the late afternoon. Look at those floating rubbish. Can you imagine how much are there at the sea? 



Comments