Kimchi making session with Marie France Bodyline.


Making Kimchi with Marie France Bodyline. I am not really a big fan of Kimchi, but occasionally I buy them from Pick N Pay as I know the food is good for health. 

There are several health benefits including lowering cholesterol levels, good eyesight, radiant skin and shiny hair, prevent stomach cancer, slow down aging process, boost immunity among others. 

However, it never cross my mind that I can do-it-myself at home....I do not even bother to google or watch you tube for the recipe.  


Recently, Marie France Bodyline at Suria Sabah organised a free workshop for public and we were allowed to bring home our own kimchi. 





I will share the ingredients and steps how to make BMF's version of Kimchi.

Ingredients

2 cups napa cabbage
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 tbspred korean chili flakes
quarter cup of sliced onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp grated ginger
1tbsp sugar
1 tbsp apple/ apricot jam
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed (optional)



Steps

1/ Cut the cabbage into 2-inch wide strips

2/ Soak the cut cabbage into salt water for 30 minutes, then strain out and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain. Meanwhile, make the spice paste.

3/ Make the spice paste. Add the garlic, ginger, sugar, fish sauce, chili flakes, cut scallions, sliced onion, jam and stir into a smooth paste. Set aside until the cabbage is ready.

4/ Mix thoroughly

5/Kimchi is ready to serve. Keep in refrigerator up to 5 days.




Comments