Practising zero waste lifestyle- cosmetic and household.


I slowly change my skincare products by purchasing from those made by locals which I could get them using my own jar/container. 

It is slightly expensive, but just think how long you take to finish one product, it is actually worth it. Plus, natural ingredients are less harmful to your skin.

Okuri Sabah


Occasionally, I will drop by and purchase its concentrated multipurpose soap. It is about the same price of those more commercial dishwasher. 

I like them because they are environmental friendly and not harsh to my skin. 

With Covid-19 pandemic, my family members wash our hands more frequently than before. That is the time that I realise it is a must to switch to soap bar, or the amount of bottles/refill plastics will increase by twofolds. 

Some argue that being a zero waster, it also burns pocket as some items are expensive. 

I beg to differ, having an RM3 of soap bar such as the Dove or Johnson and Johnson is definitely affordable. 



Even for hair, I bought shampoo and conditioner bars. 



As I always buy from the same person, I am able to return and reuse my own bottles. 



Buying facemask will definitely mean I have to discard plastics. Ecogenesis at Suria Sabah and Okuri Sabah are my alternatives to buy ingredients to make a diy mask. 

Left jar (used) is Australian pink clay and the other one is bentonite clay to replace deodorant. 

I was questioned once that I wanted to become a zerowaster but every month I still discard sanitary pads. It was a good point!! 



I start using a menstrual cup that could last me ten years. I wished I have known about this thing earlier as it really works better than disposable sanitary pads in terms of "security";good for activities that involve a lot of activities. 

But, of course, one has to "do more" when it comes to properly sanitise it. 









Comments