Olivia is on diet- Intermittent Fasting, Keto diet, GM diet or simply carbless.

My weight used to be 47kg 5 years ago and gradually added additional 6 kilogrammes now. It is true that I am still within normal Body Mass Index, but the girth around my thighs and waist is increasing. Not good, especially when most of my clothes are in XS size. 

During the Movement Control Order, l moved less but ate more while staying at home. Inevitably, the accumulated fats are also getting more.

Been doing intermittent fasting of between 12 and 17 hours, but after that my intake especially on carbs is really high. 

Although I tried to exercise regularly but the amount of time and intensity spent could not burn off those extra calories. 

I guess 80 per cent diet and 20 per cent workout really applied in maintaining balance and healthy lifestyle especially when one is in her 30s. 

Starting May 6, I either skip breakfast to achieve more than 12 hours of fasting to get into ketosis or take Herbal Life's soy protein milkshake and aloe vera gel. 


I came across Facebook post by a senior (a dentist) who promotes that his family (including a doctor wife and three kids) are consuming the products. 

All this while, I have been skeptical about these "processed" nutritional meals replacement. But, after his explanation, I just give it a try although the price can really burn hole in one's pocket. 


I've tried many types of diets before (including a 10-day crash Intermittent Fasting, very restrictive diet and 10km run everyday to fit into a dress for an Awards night), I just simply reduce carbs for my meals especially during dinner. 

Basically I incorporate "keto diet" which focuses on higher intake of fats and proteins. But, after reading more about it, I realise that consuming too much of those components might cause other health problems particularly cardiovascular diseases. 

So, I balance the diet with more vegetables and fruits. 

Taking out carbs could lead to "withdrawal" symptoms. After I finish a carbs-less dinner, I always feel like something is missing and 'emptiness', it is worse when I stay up late the tummy will be growling. Not to mention that sometimes in the morning, I will feel sluggish. 

Did I give in? At night, I did not. But, during daytime, I just need to stuff something into the mouth but will compensate "the additional intake" by reducing calories for next meal. 





I forgot how I came across celery juice is also good to reduce weight. 

Too bad, I couldn't continue for seven days consecutively as couldn't find celery on the fourth day. 


I never weigh myself when I started to be more conscious of my food intake since May. 

But during that time, my body fat is around 27-29 per cent. (No kidding although I didnt look like one). 

In June, I noticed progressive of fats shed between 1-2 per cent. 


As I am typing this in July, it seems like Im putting on little weight for having more access to outside food.

Though I know I should be mindful with my diet, I have to come to terms with body shape I have or I won't love myself. 

Comments