Kota Kinabalu Vietnamese Cuisine at Aishah's kitchen



My first dine-in when Sabah relaxed the SOPs in July. Coincidentally, the impromptu gathering was also a farewell for one of us who would be transfer back to Johor. 


Here is a little bit story about the owner, a Vietnamese woman Aisah who married a policeman from peninsula Malaysia. 

When the husband transferred to Sabah, which coincided with lockdown, Aisah had no chance to return hometown. 

Homesick made her open the restaurant at Kepayan (near Open Universiti Malaysia). 

This was my second cup of egg coffee in life. It was surprisingly and unacceptably too sweet for me. 

I had egg coffee before at a coffee festival before, but it was just right. 

Removed all the foam, presumably the cause of sweetness, but the remaining fluid was still beyond drinkable. 

I ordered the iced milk Vietnamese coffee, but it is still sweet. Perhaps must give clear instruction of minimum sugar  or kopi O? 


Who is ready to dig in noodle soup with premium quality beef? 


I must say that the broth is really tasty. 


The owner served "not-in-the-menu" side dishes for us. I have no idea what is the name but they are similar to prawn dumpling. 


The must- have Vietnamese roll. For light and health conscious eaters, this will be your pick.

Ingredients are fresh and non-fried. I personally like the minty leave mixed with the bihun, prawn and cucumber.  Of course you have to dip it with the sweet spicy condiment. 


The price for the food is slightly expensive, as some of the ingredients are imported from Vietnam. 

When they are not busy, the ladyboss might come and ask how's the dining experience. 

However, if there are many patrons, be ready to be patient as your order might take longer than you expect. 

Sit outside if you are afraid of sharing "Covid-19 air" in the air-conditioned area. 

Though it was super nice to mingle with vaccinated friends, but I found myself paranoid I might contract the virus from other customers. 

Thus 10 days home quarantine after returned from the dine-in. 

😂😂




Comments