Little Sulap, Penampang.




The only little pinkish lot in a row of shops.

I remember my relatives back in kampung used to cook simple delicious food at "sulap" when they brought me to their farm when I was young. 

Taking from that experience, if I am not mistaken, "Sulap" means a little hut/shelter in dusun language. 

The highlight of this little sulap, which is run by a 27-year-old lad (in 2018), is its traditional food. 

This restaurateur said he dares to take risk for this F&B business. Kudos




Mom ordered this "Original Sabahan set" which she finished and made no complain. 

She is a very picky eater, since no complain, I assume the food is good.



She wanted more....she got a bowl of starch, or also known as ambuyat.

                                                     
She demonstrated how to eat them.



Brother ordered chicken burger set. Its patty is fried chicken.


I got myself butter chicken rice. It is buttery....yummy. As Little Sulap serves brown rice instead of white rice, it does help me to enjoy my healthy meal rather than worrying how much workout I should do to burn extra calories. 

Meat ball. This is value for money as you eat meat rather than flour. 



Young but aware of environmental issue on single use straws are detrimental to our earth. Thus, stainless steel straw for patrons.

                           I like the chicken wings coated with bread crumb.


Name of the dish: Sumandak Godoot (Greedy girl/woman). Another friend gave thumbs up with the fried fish. "One way to know whether its good and crispy is bite its head, if no bones stuck in your throat..its good."



     Backlight pose with the pretty window.


A humble premises but nice interior design...nice choice of jazz and contemporary songs to complement the minimalism deco.

Another commendable about this cafe is the attitude of staff-very helpful, friendly and attentive. 


Comments