Gadong Night Market in Brunei- It needs to limit single-use plastics



I am holding a big cup of cendol at the price of $1 which I have to share it with others to finish it. Even my lamb skew ($3) is huge. 

Brunei reminds me of Kelantan, both muslim-majority places with a lot of good food. But, Gadong Night market is exceptionally clean, dry and no foul smell coming from the drains. 

Its public toilet is equally good and you will not lose appetite after coming out from it.


I also try out local's signature dish, or Bree calls them as Brunei's Nasi Lemak. Priced at $1, they only allow me to take two types of sambal. Its fried chicken drumstick is better than Jollibee chicken. 



                       
    Another $1 food to choose from. I don't really like these delicacies as they taste bland. 



    Another Nasi Lemak? 


Or if you want something light, it has fried mihun at $0.20 (A good way to get rid of foreign currency coins)



    

    
Smokey...smokey. I think I need to come here every night for a week to be able to try out all the grilled food. Too bad, it is just one time during our three-day trip in Brunei.  


     Buy one drink at $1 to "flush" down all the food that you buy. 

     Fruits hunting...

   
Durian Otak Udang Galah is also known as Durian Dalit in Sabah. This has more pungent and strong smell as compared to normal durians. 


I've never seen the dates-look alike fruits. When I ask the seller, she said I have to cook it before I can eat?


    Another food that has to be brought home and cook myself. 










As much as I like the variety of food here, I feel guilty to buy them as vendor will usually give single-use plastic for every purchase I made. Even though I try to refuse them, some food are already served in disposable containers. 

In case anyone plan to have gastronomic journey there, be ready with your reusable container and refillable bottles. 

Comments