Borneo International Marathon 2019.


I signed up Unicef Borneo Marathon half marathon category exactly a month before the race. The last time I did this crazy stuff was 7 years ago, with a year of training.  Since a friend decided to give me free slot, I said "Ok, lets do the best". 

Anyone able can finish 21 kilometres, but there is a cutoff time for the distance. As I knew I was not going to aim for the top 10 spots, might as well enjoy the journey.



             A quick stop to take pictures with these men. It was at the 6th KM, if I am not mistaken.

         
         I just found out that for 21km finisher medal, there are three #infinity stones coming with it.  


Finished the race in less than 3 hours. 
Did this at 2 hours 33 minutes for my first half marathon though. 
This time, I had to endure another challenge which was I had stomachache and needed to purge. But I knew if I stopped at the portable toilet to "release the tension", I usually would have to go for the second and third. I doubt those stops I could finish them on time. 


The lady in front me is a senior citizen. My kind of motivation to continue despite calves started aching.





Food and drinks. 


A group picture with malim-malim and porter of Mount Kinabalu. 

Comments