My 2020....is still meaningful.

Year end former insight Sabah "impromptu" gathering

I feel so lucky that managed to meetup some of ex colleagues hours before the year 2020 ended...although the tradition is supposed to be annual Christmas gathering. 

2020 has been an eventful year...even without Covid-19. Most of the highlights were on politics, by-election, frog jumping, Sabah Assembly dissolved and two elected representatives died. It was indeed a busy year especially reporters.

Staying/working from home was not so bad for me because I know for sure I would not be infected by staying away from the public.

It is also a good opportunity to spend more time at home with growing fast daughter and get the taste of being a "housewife". Sadly, before Covid-19, there was too little time I had to be with her. 

 More time for self-improvement

books that I have read the whole year of 2020

Working from home and no schooling for the kid mean I have extra time to read more books.  Managed to finish 20 in a year, which is a record for myself.

Apart from that, I also took up two online learning classes-graphic design and instagram posting. Though I do not really mastet both skills, but having some knowledge about something is better than letting the time slipping through fingers. No?

As for my drumming, there is no grade upgrade this year as examiner from overseas could not fly over to Kota Kinabalu for the examination. I am glad to be able to commit consistent an-hour drumming practice every night.

Exercise

Did five half marathons (21km and above). 

Previous years, the most I did was twice a year. But, perhaps the gratefulness of being allowed to be outdoors motivate me to run more.

Or maybe I needed to make my body feels the soreness to feel like Im a human again. 




I did more yoga workouts this year, which I am paying annual subscriotion Asana Rebel app at almost RM200. 

Used to do it once or twice weekly before Movement Control Order. But, been doing it average 5 times a week, with or without earlier running/cardio workouts.

But if anyone ask me to do headstand, split etc...I definitely can't do it cos the asana rebel workouts mostly on building strength, stretching and breathing.

More savings 

Having to see many out of their jobs due to pandemic, I become more wary whether I will also be jobless. There's no other way than to save as much money as I could possibly do.

In many ways, I managed to save more than when I have to leave home for work and Bree's school. Imagine I am only refueling once every 2 months.

No travelling and diving. 

Cooking at home and no more "yumcha" also help. Though I offered to pay monthly payment for Bree's school fee and my drum lesson, both also declined to receive it. 

In short, after deduct petty donations for Covid-19, the bank account balance did not change much. I have more savings that I can channel to investment portfolios. 

fintech, stashaway, investment



As I spend more time at home, naturally influenced by husband who is actively into learning financial and investing in the right markets. 











 

Comments