Hearty portion of pokebowl at Lintas Guilt Free Society KK.

                  My pokebowl that comes with hearty portion of salmon and guacomole 

Lunch mate treats me a good deal pokebowl  at Guilt Free Society KK at Lintas. 

Here is the brief history or origin of Poke food, according to History Behind The Trendy Poke Bowl
the  beginnings of poke date back to pre-colonial times in Polynesia, a grouping of islands from Hawaii to New Zealand.

Locals would take their fresh catch from fishing and season it with whatever was on hand to enjoy. 

It was then around the 1970s that poke began to rise in popularity, first found in Hawaiian home kitchens then transitioning into supermarkets. 

Though another friend used to complain that those who open "pokebowl" restaurant are people who do not know how to cook. 😰😰😰

The word poke,which is pronounced as "po-kay" means to slice or cut crosswise into pieces. 

                               The definition of Poke according to Lintas Guilt Free Society KK

 
the menu by Lintas Guilt Free Society KK

The menu. Though I have my preferences  when it comes to choosing the sides, but you will not regret when selecting the items highlighted in orange color. 


                       

               
                                                                Thanks for the treat!!!

Look at my order, it is RM15 but the salmon and guacomole are super big. It was really hearty that I skipped dinner for the day. 

According to the owner, their fried cauliflower is the best item. My verdict: I love it but since I do not take much salty food, the batter was a bit too salty for me.   



Comments